Here is a random, partial list of biographies of women from 1700 – 1900:
- A Place of Her Own: The Legacy of Oregon Pioneer Martha Poindexter Maupin . Martha’s year and country of birth: 1844?, USA. Author: Janet Fisher
- Harriet Susannah Ellis (the book about my great-great grandmother). Harriet’s year and country of birth: 1863, Ireland. Co-authors: Kim Burkhardt and Brian Ellis.
- The Sligo-Leitrim World of Kate Cullen (1832-1913). Country: Ireland. Author: Hilary Pyle.
- The Wicklow World of Elizabeth Smith 1840 – 1850. Country: Ireland. Authors: Dermot James, Seamas O Maitiu.
- The Presumptuous Dreamers: A Sociological History of the Life and Times of Abigail Scott Duniway: 1834 – 1915 . Country: USA. Author: Helen Krebbs Smith.
- Book of Ages: The Life and Opinions of Jane Franklin (Benjamin Franklin’s youngest sister). Year and Country of birth: 1700’s, USA. Author: Jill Lapore.
- Through Her Eyes – A New History of Ireland in 21 Women . “From the oldest woman in Ireland, whose bones were found beneath the Poulnabrone dolmen, to the modern-day founder of a 3D printing company, this book introduces us to amazing women whose stories were shaped by the centuries in which they lived.” Author: Clodagh Finn.
Also, an interesting article about the changing nature of historical biographies is available here from History Today.
There’s also a book about the history of women’s lives prior to 1700. Check out Dr. Sara Reed’s Maids, Wives, Widows: Exploring Early Modern Woman’s Lives 1540 – 1714.